Fall Schedule 2021
August 20, 2021
The fall schedule is taking shape!
- 6-17 December: Teaching Movement and Sound Technologies for BA students at the Dance Department of the University in Stavanger, Norway
- 23 November: Two Body Orchestra at Scenekunst Sør, Kristiansand, Norway
- 18-21 November: Two Body Orchestra at Piksel festival, Bergen, Norway
- 15-17 November: Teaching Movement and Sound Technologies for BA students at the Theater Department of the University in Agder, Norway
- 11 November: Two Body Orchestra at Dansefestival Barents, Norway
- 25 October - 6 November: Human Forest, research project with Chris Ziegler
- 20-24 October: Between Bone and Silence at Üle Heli Festival, Tallinn, Estonia
- 16-17 October: Two Body Orchestra in Kajaani, Finland
- 13-15 October: Responsive Body Workshop in Kajaani, Finland
- 1 September-13 October: Teaching Movement and Sound Technologies for MA students at BFM Choreography Department, Tallinn, Estonia
- 30 August: Two Body Orchestra at Viljandi Tantsunädal, Estonia
Two Body Orchestra Nominated to Estonian Dance Award
March 1, 2021
Two Body Orchestra was nominated in the category of "Dance Performance of the Year" at the Estonian Theater Awards 2021!
February 19, 2020
We are currently working in Pärnu, generating material for our next piece Two Body Orchestra and the 100 Sketches project, as well as preparing for upcoming workshops at Tallinn University and Oslo National Academy of the Arts
Residency at Dansearena Nord Completed
December 18, 2019
We just finished a three-week residency in Hammerfest, generating material for our next piece Two Body Orchestra and the 100 Sketches project.
Teaching at UiS
June 4, 2019
In November 2019 we will teach a workshop in movement and sound at University of Stavanger, Norway. The students will get the chance to create a live soundscore for their own dance, using their cell phones and their computers.
Prime Mover on Tour
Published on: June 4, 2019
This fall we will be touring Prime Mover in Lithuania, Estonia and Ukraine. Check the calendar for details.
Two Body Orchestra Received Support
June 4, 2019
We are incredibly happy about receiving support for Two Body Orchestra from the Norwegian Arts Council!
100 Sketches Received Support
June 4, 2019
100 Sketches has received pre-project funding from the Norwegian Arts Council. In June we will start developing ideas for this.
Residency at Dansearena Nord in Hammerfest
June 4, 2019
We have been granted a residency at Dansearena Nord, one of our favorite places at the northern edge of the world in December to work on 100 Sketches and prepare for Two Body Orchestra.
Prime Mover Nominated to Estonian Dance Award
March 1, 2019
Prime Mover was nominated in the category of "Dance Performance of the Year" at the Estonian Theater Awards 2019!
Kenneth Flak Appointed Chair of Norwegian Arts Council Dance Commission
October 31, 2017
Kenneth Flak has been appointed chair of the Norwegian Arts Council Dance Commission, where he will be part of deciding funding for the Norwegian dance scene, as well as long-term support for performing arts constellations.
Prime Mover Research Begins
September 17, 2017
The research for Prime Mover, our upcoming evening-length performance premiering in 2018, has begun! On September 28 and 29 we will present some of this research at the Tallinn University conference Dancing Technologies. The code for the performance will be continuosly uploaded and updated on GitHub.
Here is a little taste of what is to come:
Stalking Paradise Selected for Polish Dance Platform
April 9, 2017
Stalking Paradise, a piece we created for Lublin Dance Theater, was selected for Polish Dance Platform 2017's programme!